3.02.2011

Kiwi Kraft pt 1: Dive, Jump, Climb, Paddle....I'm in love.





Sixty seconds of bliss with Freefall Taupo. (Click here for more info)





Bungy jumping with Taupo Bungy. (Click here for more info)





Froggatt Rocks in the Waikato Region on the North Island. The climber was an English guy who was climbing a seriously hard pitch. I climbed the easy climb beside him to snap these pictures. (Click here for more info)





Kayaking down the Waikato with Kaituna Cascades (click here for more info)




Great weather and waves at Raglan Beach. Took a few lessons at the Raglan Surf School (Click here for more info)

I'm in Auckland for my last night of a refreshing two week trip to New Zealand. I spent the weekends teaching at the Waikato Society of Potters and the Wellington Potters Association. Throughout the weeks I traveled around the North Island taking in all the adventure sports I could handle. Within the nine hour drive from Auckland to Wellington I was able to go skydiving, bungy jumping, surfing, climbing, mountain biking, kayaking, and running. I have never been to a place that is so dense with beauty and variety. If I could have a country as my soul mate New Zealand would be it.

This post kicks off Kiwi Kraft, a mini series of blogs about my visits to potters and pottery centers on the North Island of New Zealand.For related posts click on the following links.

Kiwi Kraft pt 1: Dive, Jump, Climb, Paddle....I'm in love

Kiwi Kraft pt 2: Raglan, Tony Sly, & Clay Competition

Kiwi Kraft pt 3: The mighty Waikato and the meaning of Value

Kiwi Kraft pt 4: Francis Upritchard's Figures & Martino Gamper's 100 chairs

Kiwi Kraft pt 5: Windy Wellington and the Potters Association

1 comment: