1.30.2013

New Music: First Aid Kit



A friend recently turned me onto the Swedish duo First Aid Kit. I can't get enough of the sisters Johanna and Klara Söderberg's harmonizing. Their track Emmylou evokes four of country music's purest voices/musical duos- Emmylou Harris and Graham Nash, June Carter and Johnny Cash. From the first time I heard the chorus I can't get this out of my head.

"I’ll be your Emmylou and I’ll be your June
If you’ll be my Gram and my Johnny too.
No, I’m not asking much of you
Just sing little darling, sing with me. "


Click here to view First Aid Kit's hauntingly beautiful video for EmmyLou. Check them out at http://thisisfirstaidkit.com

2 comments:

  1. Ben, I currently have this on heavy rotation in the studio...love it...and might I suggest a small band from the Carolinas that I was recently turned on to...in a similar vein...Shovels and Rope, "Oh be Joyful"...I think you might like it...as always I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kyle,
    Thanks for the Shovels and Rope suggestion. I had not heard of them before but they sound great. I just moved to Santa Cruz CA and they are coming here in April. I hope to see them in person. Hope you are doing well.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete