2.01.2011

Kiwi Clay: Work shopping in New Zealand






















The countdown has begun. In a little less than 16 days Ill make the 5826 mile trip to New Zealand. Living in China has afforded me the ability to travel to places that I never thought possible. I'm super excited to visit a country that is know for its hospitality, beauty, and amazing accent.

I will be teaching in Hamilton at the Waikato Society of Potters and in Wellington at the Wellington Potters Association. I plan to drive all over the North island during the two weeks I will be there. Ill fly into Auckland to visit an old friend and then start hostel hopping on my way down south.

Click here for more info about the Waikato Society of Potters workshop.
Click here for more info about the Wellington Potters Association workshop.




New Zealand's "All Blacks" are the best rugby team in the world. They prepare for every match by doing the Haka, which is a war dance from the indigenous Maori people. Imagine stepping out onto the pitch after seeing that.




The second image above is of Wellington. It appears courtesy of www.marktanner.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment