1.08.2012

In the Studio: Rim to rim, foot to foot in Swannanoa







I've had a blast during my recent studio vacation at Black Mountain Studios in Swannanoa, NC. I'm usually a heavy decorator so it's been a relaxing departure to only throw and trim forms. I worked full tilt making platters and serving bowls to help Maud with her production line. After running out of storage space we utilized that old stacking adage "rim to rim, foot to foot". I love to see the mirrored silhouettes of the bowls when they are stacked.

Over the course of the week I got to visit friends at the Arrowmont Surface Forum and Asheville's River Arts District. Ill post more pictures of those adventures in the near future. I head back to China Tuesday. Once I get settled I'll have more time to finish the recent blog series I started on learning and the brain. Until then happy potting!

No comments:

Post a Comment