2.15.2012

Bridging the Gap Project kickoff video



I'm excited to officially launch the Bridging the Gap project. This ceramic collaboration creates an artistic dialogue between myself and aboriginal artists. This spring I will travel into the heart of the Australian outback to facilitate a ceramic workshop at the Ernabella Arts Center. Located in the Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands, 275 miles southwest of Alice Springs, the center is a place for Anangu artists to promote their cultural heritage and improve their lifestyle through art making. During my month long trip I will offer my skills as a potter to aid the artists working at the center. 
While my primary interest in the project is one of service to this unique community, I am excited to learn the drawing style and patterns of the Anangu people. I am continually fascinated with aboriginal methods of story telling that rely on drawing, image making, and sound. The time I spend in the community will be a valuable contribution to my own evolution as an artist.
You can help by pledging your financial support to Bridging the Gap or by posting this to your Facebook or Twitter feed. For more info head on over to the Kick Starter page by clicking here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment