9.07.2012

Week wrap up: Vases, bricks and Xi'an




I'm about to head out the door to take a tour group to Xi'an. This Chinese city is home to the Terra Cotta warriors and one of my favorite Chinese museums, the Shaanxi History Museum. Click here for a set of posts on the visit I took last year. 

Before I leave I thought I would do a wrap up post of this week's studio activities. Early in the week I put the finishing touches on a round of vases before moving onto flower bricks. The form language between the two forms is very similar but the end product will be very different. The second to last image is a flower brick that will have a diamond shaped hole cut at every dimple. Looking forward to making a few more of these when I return next week.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment