12.14.2012

Ceramics Monthly Emerging Artist- Deadline February 18th



The May 2013 issue of Ceramics Monthly will feature the works of emerging clay artists. Both US and international artists actively pursuing a career in ceramics for less than ten years are eligible. To be considered, submit the following:

• Up to five high-resolution digital images (300 ppi) on a CD, full-size color prints of each image, and complete caption information for each image.

• Full contact information including email address, artist’s statement, and résumé.

Arrival deadline: February 18, 2013

Mail to:
Emerging Artist, Ceramics Monthly
600 N. Cleveland Ave., Suite 210
Westerville, OH 43082.


I was fortunate to participate in 2006 and it was a great experience. I was making porcelain pots for the soda kiln at the time. You can see from the image above that some of the same form language from that body of work has remained consistant with my current work. Looking at this image makes me think I should revisit the tray with cups idea.  

Before I get side tracked and forget I have to say this submission is totally free. What an opportunity and it doesn't cost you a dime. Don't procrastinate, don't wait until next year, just do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment